NEW SITE

Since the Nanites are no longer in the FLL program, we have created a new site more catered towards FTC (FIRST Tech Challenge): website & blog.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Top 10 reasons I coach a FLL team

#10 I can play with toys that are targetted for kids.
#9 I can learn about mechanical engineering and structural design.
#8 I can build my own science experiments with easily exchangeable parts.
#7 I can model the real world with physical objects.
#6 I can mess up my basement with thousands of Lego pieces nobody complains about it.
#5 I can play with robots.
#4 I can work with great teachers, parents and kids from the neighborhood schools.
#3 I can help the school with Intel VMGP matching fund for my volunteering hours.
#2 I can get kids excited about math, science and engineering.
#1 I can see happy faces from the kids.

No comments: